Fuel Gas Performance Heater, Type VEV-LS
- optimum thermal efficiency
- optimum efficiency of the turbine
- optimum load-case design
- flow optimized design
- vibration-optimized design
- custom specific design on international design codes (ASME, EN 13445, SVTI, AS1210, PD5500 etc.)
- design acc. to TEMA
- custom specific TPIs (Inspections / Third Party Inspections)
- custom specific testings
- sour gas application (NACE)
- temperature range -50 °C till + 350°C
- custom specific nozzle orientation
Performance Heaters, type VEV-LS are serially arranged heat exchangers, which heat up gas for a subsequent system requirement. Performance heaters can also be designed as coolers in reverse.
The design is carried out as a steel welded construction in a horizontal design.
Fuel Gas Performance Heater Type VEV-LS are used in high efficient combined-cycle gas and steam power plants (CCPP).
The gas is heated up to 185°C – 220°C (365°F -428°F) in order to achieve the best efficiency of the gas turbine and the entire system. The pre-heating of the gas achieve a reduction of amounts of gas for the operation of the turbine.
The feed medium of the performance heater is pressurized, condensed hot steam or hot water used from heat recovery systems.
Performance heaters operate in the standard design for gaseous media as countercurrent tube bundle heat exchangers and are arranged in series or one above the other. The gas flowing through the pipe is heated by the bypass flow of hot water or hot steam. The bypass flow around the pipes is optimized by baffle plates (guide plates).
The application of the heat exchanger and the heating medium determine whether the jacket side is back-pressure-resistant. The tube bundle can be fixedly welded or dismantled.
For each application it is checked whether the thermal expansion requires the use of expansion joints.
- DIN EN ISO 9001 certified
- Our vessels are tested according to AD 2000 regulations and CE-certified according to EC / PED 2014/68 / EU. The examination is carried out by authorized inspectors (TÜV, Lloyd’s Register, etc.).
- Test and material certificates are prepared by the inspectors according to the design specification.
- Water: SSV – safety shut-off valve (water side – back-pressure resistant)
- Water: SRV safety relief valve (water side – non-back-pressure resistant)
- Orifice Plates, water side (water side – non-back-pressure resistant)