Safety heat exchanger / double tube heat exchanger, type VEV-DR/VEV-L-DR
(natural gas preheater, natural gas heat exchanger)
Double-tube safety heat exchangers play an important role in applications where mixing of the heat exchanger media must be prevented due to leakage.
- Optimal load case design
- Flow stream optimized design
- Vibration-optimized design
- Customer-specific design for various design codes (ASME, EN 13445, SVTI, AS1210, PD5500 etc.)
- Design according to TEMA
- Customer-specific approvals
- Customer-specific testings
- Application for sour gas (NACE)
- Design for low temperature down to -50 ° C
- Design pressure up to 300 bar
- Customer-specific nozzle arrangement
Leaflet: E-6015 Heat Exchanger / Type VEV
VEV/VEV-L heat exchangers (heat exchangers) heat gas for a subsequent system demand or to counteract the Joule-Thomson effect. To increase the safety aspect in operation, safety double-tube heat exchangers of type VEV-DR /VEV-L-DR are often used. In the case of the ” VEV-DR /VEV-L-DR “, double-walled tubes and a safety chamber with leakage monitoring guarantee plant safety and thus increase plant efficiency, since an unplanned shutdown can be avoided.
The design is a welded steel construction in horizontal or vertical design.
Unlike normal tube bundle heat exchangers VEV/VEV-L in single tube design, the tubes of a double tube safety heat exchanger have a double tube wall consisting of an inner and an outer tube. In addition, there are two tube sheets on each side. If the inner tube is damaged, the sealing medium flows through the leakage channels between the double tubes into the leakage space between the two tube sheets and triggers an alarm in the leakage sensor by a pressure difference. Since the second tube wall is undamaged, the two media remain separated. Contamination of the processes and associated equipment is thus prevented and the plant operator can continue to operate the heat exchanger until the next maintenance. An expensive, unplanned shutdown is thus avoided.
- DIN EN ISO 9001 certified
- Our standard equipment is tested according to AD 2000 and CE-certified according to the EC / PED 2014/68 / EU pressure equipment directive. The examination is carried out by authorized (TPI) third party inspectors (TÜV, Lloyd’s Register, etc.).
- Test and material certificates are prepared by the inspectors according to the design specification.
- Water SAV safety shut-off valve (water jacket pressure proof)
- Water SBV safety relief valve (water jacket not pressure proof)
- Rupture disc, water side (water jacket not pressure proof)